Bennington GMC offers bike rides along local rail trails, routes, and forest service roads.
- Ashuwillticook Rail Trail from Adams to Pittsfield, MA.Beautiful paved trail runs 11 miles (22 miles round trip) through Cheshire, Lanesborough and Adams. The Cheshire Reservoir and Hoosic River offer outstanding views of the scenery and wildlife. https://www.mass.gov/locations/ashuwillticook-rail-trail
- Somerset Road - Easy riding on well maintained hard packed forest road. Follows the Deerfield River so the slope is gentle.
- Delaware-Hudson Rail Trail starting in Rupert, VT. This southern portion of the trail is approximately 10 miles (20 miles round trip) with a surface of asphalt, cinder, dirt, glass and gravel. This trail is better suited to mountain and hybrid bikes as opposed to road bikes. https://www.vtstateparks.com/assets/pdf/dhrailtrail.pdf
- Zim Smith Mid-County Trail from Mechanicville, NY north to Ballston Spa. This is part asphalt and part hard pack trail of 11 miles (22 miles round trip). https://www.saratoga.com/things-to-do/hiking-and-nature-trails/zim-smith-trail/
- Warren County Bikeway from Glen’s Falls, NY. To Lake George. This is a paved asphalt trail of 10 miles (20 miles round trip). https://warrencountyny.gov/dpw/bikeway
- Bike around Cossayuna Lake north of East Greenwich, NY. Trail is hard pack approximately an 8 mile loop (total).
- Bike from Woodstock to Simon Pearce along a hard pack trail next to the Ottauquechee River. Approximately 7.5 miles (15 miles round trip).
- River Road beside the Battenkill River and Route 313 west of Arlington.